Join the Coalition
Become a Member
The Valley Youth Coalition is a membership of 30 adults and youth working together with multiple community sectors to implement “Local solutions for Healthy Youth.”
Membership is open to all members of the community who are interested in working together to reduce youth substance abuse in the Santa Ynez Valley.
The Youth Coalition meets every other month on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 4:00pm at People Helping People’s Service Center in Solvang or via Zoom. Specific task force meetings are held as needed.
The Santa Ynez Valley Youth Coalition is working on several Environmental prevention strategies including:
- Informing parents and community in multiple ways through community prevention campaigns, public forums, print media, social media platforms, brochures and fact sheets, radio, group presentations and messages delivered by youth.
- Providing parents with tools and strategies to prevent youth substance abuse.
- Promoting policies that change settings and consequences for underage substance abuse such as the Social Host Ordinance and Tobacco policies.
- Providing pro-social support for youth such as mentoring and life skills classes.
- Collaborating with the local business communities and schools to insure that barriers are in place to prevent youth access to alcohol.
- Change aspects of the Valley environment that contribute to underage use of alcohol and other drugs.
- Changing social norms that are accepting and permissive of underage substance abuse.
We welcome our community members to attend any one of the meetings below and learn more about the Coalition and what we are doing collectively to reduce and prevent youth substance use in the Santa Ynez Valley.
2021 Meeting Dates
- January 26
- March 23
- May 25
- July 27
- September 28
- November 16
Contact: Mary Conway, Coalition Director, 805-686-0295 x102 –firstname.lastname@example.org