DOES MY TEEN HAVE HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS?
It is vitally important for teens to have healthy peer, dating, and adult relationships. These healthy relationships include, mutual respect, trust, honesty, and good communication. Read More
WHAT IF MY TEEN IS EXPERIENCING BULLYING?
Parents can play a key role in preventing and stopping bullying. But first they have to know if their children bully or are bullied by others. Many parents do not discuss bullying with their children, and many children do not raise the topic of bullying with their www. Read More.
WHAT IS CYBERBULLYING?
Cyberbullying, instead of happening face-to-face, happens through the use of technology such as computers, cell phones and other electronic devices. Cyberbullying peaks around the end of middle school and the beginning of high school.
Examples of cyberbullying include:
- Sending hurtful, rude, or mean text messages to others
- Spreading rumors or lies about others by e-mail or on social networks
- Creating websites, videos or social media profiles that embarrass, humiliate, or make fun of others
Bullying online is very different from face-to-face bullying because messages and images can be:
- Sent 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Shared be shared to a very wide audience
- Sent anonymously